Title: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Location: Memphis, TN 38125
Term: 7 Months Contract
- Becomes familiar with most aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
- Analyzes user needs as required
- Assists in the design of specifications to meet end user needs.
- Develops and modifies software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
- Develops and maintains software to meet requirements of insurance carrier and regulatory groups.
- Tests and debugs assigned projects
- Assists in testing projects for other members of the programming staff.
- Prepares documentation on new or existing software.
- Investigates call escalations from the support staff
- Makes the necessary corrections to data and/or software.
- Assists in the professional growth of programmers.
- Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development.
- Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
- Keeps abreast of software development language revisions and technology advances.
Experience and Education:
- 6 years of language development in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required
- Strong knowledge of language development and applications design
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Familiarity with version control tool like SVN.
- Good working knowledge of TOAD or similar tool for Oracle development.
- Good working knowledge of PL/SQL
- Extensive batch programming using PL/SQL with efficiency in query optimization and bulk processing.
- Strong performance tuning skills.
- Good Working knowledge of UNIX.
- Good working knowledge of HP Quality Center
- Working knowledge of Progress 4GL is preferred
- Proven experience in interpreting user requirements, business applications design, and development of business applications strongly preferred.
- Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!