Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55415
Term: 24 months
- Functional enhancements, security & vulnerability fixes, & app modernization
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Ability to communicate, solve problems, work independently, research issues
- 5+ yrs Java
- 5+ yrs SDLC
- 5+ yrs SQL
- 5+ yrs Waterfall & Agile
- 5+ yrs web development
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Banking experience
- Oracle DB knowledge
- Understanding of Business Continuity Planning in large environment
- Production support experience
- WebSphere, WebLogic, and/or Tomcat experience
- Cloud - PCF experience
- JIRA experience
- CI/CD experience - Jenkins, uDeploy, Artifactory, Checkmarx, Sonarqube
- Automated test scripts with Selenium
- Spring framework, Spring MVC
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills