Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Database Security Engineer
Location: North Brunswick, New Jersey, 08902
Term: 6 months - contract to hire
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in at least two preferably more DBMS experience i.e. Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, DB2 LUW or Teradata
- 5+ years of experience in database security, database administration, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in information security tools and technologies
- 3+ years of scripting experience using Windows PowerShell, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java or PL-SQL
- Experience with Azure services for database servers and instances
- Knowledge in Azure Arc hybrid and multi-cloud environment
- Understanding of cloud authentication (AWS and GCP) for managed database instances
- Good understanding of NIST and CIS Database Security standards
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills