Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Python / Data Science Engineer
Location: Summit, NJ
Term: 9 months
- 80% troubleshooting / 20% working on enhancements
- Will be making enhancements to the platform and resolve user issues related to python environments and spark configurations
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum of 8-10 years of overall experience
- Strong Communication - resource may work closely with users and must be able to effectively communicate
- Python experience within data science projects
- 2+ years in GCP/AWS platforms supporting Data Science projects
- 4+ years of experience in Spark Core, Spark SQL, Data Frames, Spark Streaming and Spark MLlib.
- Experience navigating Linux environments and shell scripting
- Knowledge on Big Data ecosystems like Cloudera/Hortonworks
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years in administration of H2O/TensorFlow/PyTorch Data Science environments (GPU experience a plus)
- Prior financial experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills