Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Application Production Support - Data
Location: Jersey City, Charlotte, Dallas, Minneapolis, St. Louis, New York
Term: 12-24 months
- Assist with application support of production systems with a focus on incident management, problem management, change/release, and other ITIL based functions while helping the team to shift-left and adopt an SRE mentality.
- Support an application with critical business functionality related to calculation services on a Hadoop and Hortonworks technology stack
- Identify opportunities for automation, work directly with the business to analyze data, and leverage a DevOps (shift left) approach to support
- Execute incident, problem, change and release management across a wide range of applications and technologies
- Drive remediation activities, run incident bridges, and provide status on active issues
- Drive root cause identification and preventative actions
- Effectively multi-task across a wide range of activities
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with application development teams, business partners, end users, and direct leadership
- Work with vendors and vendor products to troubleshoot issues
- Identify gaps and single points of failure in current technology process or design
- Create, Update and maintain all aspects application specific troubleshooting documentations and runbooks along with training/knowledge transfer to other team members
- Create, Update and maintain all aspects of application specific build/configuration documentation along with training/knowledge transfer to other team members
- Identify and develop automation for repetitive tasks
- Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Execute daily maintenance tasks and proactive review of the production environment
- Work incident, problem, and request ticket queues to ensure all tickets are completed on time and to satisfaction of requester
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of application production support, business analyst, or data science support experience
- 3+ years of relational database experience including the ability to analyze and write SQL
- Experience with monitoring tool setup and configuration for Splunk, AppDynamics and/or ITRS
- Experience with varying technology stacks related to Hadoop and Hortonworks
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements
- Knowledge of scheduling tools such as Autosys
- Experience with various technology systems including Mainframe, Hadoop, Teradata, Informatica, Unix, Windows, and/or Cloud
- Ability to write SQL and support across a variety of database solutions (SQL, Hadoop, Oracle)
- Experience working with agile development methodology and adopting DevOps practices
- The ideal candidate should have experience working within large Financial Services companies and across a variety of platforms/technologies
- Understanding and experience in the banking industry specifically in regard to Risk, Compliance, Legal, Audit or Regulatory systems
- Should have Big Data, Data Science, and Python experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills