Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Software Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; Summit, NJ; Minneapolis, MN; Dallas, TX
Term: 12 months
- Will serve as a Tech Lead and Senior Software Engineer for a Datawarehouse / ETL application.
- Will work closely with multiple teams including Enterprise Architecture, application solution designers, and development teams as the technology application owner
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of DataWarehouse experience
- 7+ years of ETL experience
- 7+ years of Agile experience
- 1+ year of JIRA experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Knowledge and understanding of technical infrastructure & tools including Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, SAS, Hadoop (MapR & Hortonworks), Cloudera Data Platform (CDP+) and Google Cloud Services (GCS)
- Big Data experience
- Experience using the team collaboration software Confluence
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills