Basics: Our client is seeking a seasoned SDN Engineer to design, develop, deploy, support and monitor state-of-the-art network solutions (WAN, CAN, LAN, DCN, and wireless communications solutions).
Location: Tempe, AZ
Rate: $100K+, DOE
- The SDN Network Engineer will design and implement the enhancements and future capabilities for the future network
- In this role you will apply engineering best practices to analyze, design, develop, deploy, and support network infrastructure-as-code in an enterprise environment.
- You will serve operational needs within the enterprise and may occasionally be required to serve in an on-call capacity.
- You will provide subject matter expertise in the following areas of network technology, including SDN, spine leaf architecture, routing/switching, MPLS, BGP, VXLAN, EVPN and data center architecture.
- Additionally, you will lead projects to define and implement network infrastructure in support of enterprise needs.
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant experience combined
- 1 - 2+ years of experience as a Mid-Senior Network Engineer, designing, implementing, deploying and supporting an SDN network
- 5 - 6+ years of experience as a Mid-Senior Network Engineer, designing, implementing, deploying and supporting a production network at an enterprise scale
- Knowledge in Layer 2 and 3 routing and switching
- Knowledge and deep understanding of configuring and deploying network switches and routers including VLANs and routing protocols (including TCP/IP, BGP, and Multicast)
- Experience with design, provisioning, and troubleshooting of WAN and LAN connectivity technologies (i.e. MPLS, LACP)
- Knowledge and deep familiarity of creating ACLs, TCP/IP subnetting, and VLAN trunking
- Knowledge and deep familiarity of priority queuing, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Experience with Campus Area Network technologies (Wi-Fi, PoE, 802.1x)
- Knowledge and deep familiarity with network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge and familiarity with WAN/Optical technologies
- Knowledge and deep familiarity with DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- Knowledge and deep familiarity with SDN/Network automation
- Experience with coding/scripting/automation/orchestration platforms(Python, Ansible), including interfacing with APIs
- Development experience with cloud platforms, orchestration, and VNF managers a plus
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge in multi-vendor infrastructure platforms (i.e., Arista, Cisco, Juniper, Avaya)
- Strong presentation skills
- CCNP/ACE-A certification preferred
- Must apply out of the box thinking about creative ways to use Cloud services and SDN services to provide the best infrastructure options
- Dev/Ops Knowledge: can demonstrate knowledge and varying levels of experiences with one or more of the following: Ansible, JSON and Rest API, Infrastructure as Code, Linux shell, TCL, Python, Go Language, Kafka, Grafana, Jenkins / Git, Machine Learning - e.g. Tensor Flow, Hadoop and clustered big data, Kubernetes, Vmware, Docker, Virtual Box, Data Visualization
- Experience with network engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting network solutions, and/or infrastructure implementation/upgrades
- Open Standard routing and switching protocols (i.e., BGP, OSFP, VRRP, MLAG, STP)
- Virtual Private Networking (i.e., MPLS, GRE, L2VPN, EVPN, Pseudowire, IPsec, MACSEC)
- Additional networking technologies: Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS), Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), high availability (HA) and resiliency architectures
- Data center architectures and converged networks
- Current networking trends, including commercial implementations of Software Defined Networks (SDN) for both Data Center Network and WAN applications
- Load balancing and Application Delivery Controller technologies and implementations
- WAN architectures (i.e., Carrier Ethernet, Optical Fabrics (OTN), SONET)
- Network monitoring tools (i.e., NetFlow Tracker, Wireshark, Cisco LMS, Cisco Call Manager, Wireshark, Elastic, and Splunk)
- Network Modeling (OPNet, NetSim)
- Network Boundary (Next Generation Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco FIREPOWER), IPSEC/SSL VPN Concentrators)
- Technical certifications preferred (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, ACE-A, SEC+)
- Ability to work with a limited set of requirements ? Desire to mentor colleagues, drive new architectures, and lead team efforts
- Experience in cybersecurity engineering, network intelligence and operations, and machine learning are highly desired.
- Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or
- related field AND 5 years of related experience, which includes 3 years of supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.