Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Engineer / Database Tester
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Term: 12 months
- Leading the data mapping, and testing at the database level as well as the UI application.
- End to end SDLC, Agile, 2 weeks Sprint,
- 80% testing, 10 data mapping and data analysis, and 10% meetings
- Performs the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
- Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
- Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following: designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases; leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts; developing management policies, procedures and standards; and business requirements identification, analysis and development.
- Provides mentoring and guidance and to less experienced staff in a variety of database design, administration and/or modeling activities.
- Leads complex projects.
- Designs and certifies next generation database technologies related to Oracle 18 and 19C, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, AWS RedShift, MongoDB, CouchBase, Vertica etc.
- Designs and implements foolproof security solutions (including CIS benchmarks) and auditing.
- Interacts with customers (internal / external) to meet process deliverables.
- Provides technical leadership and recommendations into the future direction of database technology.
- Mentors and trains DBA operations team in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of databases.
- Provides knowledge transfer on a regular basis.
- Develops best practices and enforce these standards across the team.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Needs to be independent, understand the business requirements, design (as much as they could), development, and code/test it.
- Must be highly organized.
- 5+ years’ experience skill in MS SQL DB experience
- 2+ years’ Experience in leading Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scripts and actual data mapping/ testing/ and validation.
- 2+ years of UI testing
- Financial Risk Management EcoSystem applications
- 5+ years of database (DB) technologies experience
- 3+ years of Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools
- Strong technical and task/timeline-oriented skills
- Experience implementing new technologies
- Experience managing one or more industry-standard development tools or scripting languages