This international industry leader has an immediate 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity in Fort Worth, TX for a Software Build Manager. This position requires Git/Git Lab and Jenkins experience. The Software Build Manager is required to perform these significant build tasks to alleviate the task from developers. This position requires working onsite and will be working on a 9/80 shift schedule where you are off every other Friday.
- Schedule and execute daily calls (as needed) with an affiliate and developers to proactively prevent problems and coordinate responses. Requires early morning interaction.
- Will initially help troubleshoot and stabilize the environment, putting temporary solutions in place while permanent solutions are implemented.
- Create or update documentation reflecting the implementation of the build process and workflow.
- Daily monitoring of the health and proper function of all components
- Provide confirmation that updates are working and complete.
- Minimum: daily emails / reports to management
- Ideally create a dashboard
- Git / GitLab cross-site development, Complex (50+ repositories)
- Jenkins CI/CD pipelines setup and maintenance
- Jfrog Artifactory
- Python/Perl/bash scripting experience,
- QA Background
- Setting up automated testing
- Microservices experience
- Distributed Systems Architecture (experience with complex multi-app environments)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Able to create effective flow charts, diagrams, written procedures
- Able to conduct effective conference calls with multi-national teams
- Candidates must be able to qualify for a security clearance and a DHS Background Investigation - US Citizenship is required.
- GitLab management
- Kubernetes or similar container management
- Ability to create MD5 hashing code comparison or similar to confirm all required updates are complete and up to date
- Develop custom scripts to automate, improve and monitor processes and pipelines
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related STEM degree is preferred.