Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies. Come be a part of how digitalization, globalization, urbanization, demographic change, and climate change are transforming our world.
Position: Software Architect
Location: Houston Texas 77064
Term: 5 months
- Develops business software applications, system software and/or IT solutions on the basis of functional specifications. Scope of position embraces both the customization and reuse/modification of system software and/or solutions as well as their development from scratch.
- Consults with customers in creating functional specifications and work estimates, and supports Make-or-Buy decisions.
- Analyses performance gaps of existing software environments and proposes measures to address efficiency problems.
- Implementation of data-driven components supporting data modelling and engineering in the context of data analytics (Data Stewardship).
- Contributes and supports planning, budgeting, design and alignment of business processes and IT environment.
- Supports customization, analyzes programs and defines actions necessary to change logical functions.
- Advices business accountable management of the unit, in all IT Development related issues.
- Evaluates vendor solutions and / or drafts program layout to ensure proper programming phase, and performs bug verification and testing.
- Provides technical Support for business applications (standard software and custom development).
- Designs and realizes interfaces between business applications.
- Supports migration projects, ensures change documentation and plans and releases upgrades.
- Prepares, plans and may execute trainings.
- Supports change-related processes and the implementation of IT security guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of trends and industry standards in software programming, system integration and other IT development matters.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- AMI experience.
- ServiceNow experience (Event Management and Incident Management).
- Head-End experience (Itron).
- MDM experience (Itron).
- Understanding of networks.
- AMI Operations experience with understanding of use cases, correlations and analytics.
- Experience with implementing interfaces in an AMI eco-system. Understanding of ESB and ETL tools.
- Experience with Webservices (REST and SOAP).
- Experience using SQL.
- 5-8 years deep professional know-how and experience in one Sub Job Family. Masters domain. Transfers and applies know-how to / in various contexts.
- Solid professional judgment and problem solving competence. Improves existing processes and approaches.
Even better if you have:
- WebMethods or PowerCenter experience.
- Teradata experience.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!