Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA 30334
Term: 11 months
- Design/integrate systems to assist in managing infrastructure and applications.
- Automate the deployment of new systems using configuration management tools.
- Continually improve and develop documentation, knowledge base articles, and troubleshooting guides.
- Improve reliability and efficiency of existing applications, measure and optimize system performance, continually innovate with a “big picture” approach.
- Partner with development teams to improve application testing, monitoring, and release procedures.
- Participate in system design reviews, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create and maintain a high-performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
- Guide, train, and mentor junior administrators and assist with labs to grow the team.
- Work with highly confidential data and searches, must maintain confidentiality and security procedures established by the agency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years of experience with high level programming languages. (Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- 5 years of experience with shell scripting. (BASH, PowerShell, etc.)
- 5 years of experience working with public and private cloud platforms. (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Nutanix, etc.)
- 5 years of experience working/knowledge of .NET, Wildfly, JBoss.
- 5 years of strong experience in at least one relational database platform such as Microsoft SQL Server (preferred), MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle.
- 5 years of experience with tools & technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics, and Zabbix.
- Experience with network administration and diagramming of network topology.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Experience with tools & technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics, and Zabbix.
- Vast knowledge of Windows system troubleshooting, logging, monitoring.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system. (preferably CentOS)
- Experience with container technology such as Docker, LXC, etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise/distributed storage technologies.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!