Cloud Application Performance Architect
MATRIX is seeking a Cloud Application Performance Architect for our client headquartered in Harrisburg Pennsylvania (position is remote).
Our Cloud Infrastructure team is seeking a hands-on Senior AWS Application Performance Architect to help us make a positive difference in the lives of millions of students! Our public service mission of creating affordable access to higher education is a goal we work toward each and every day. We take pride in educating borrowers on the long term impact of student loans and their available repayment options to ensure they stay on the right track!
Key Job Functions
- This position is a hands-on role interacting directly with multiple teams and implementing approved logging solutions
- Facilitate collaboration, sharing, and cross-pollination of skills with other teams, engineers, product owners, designers, testers, and business units in order to overcome challenges, increase product quality, and optimize workflows.
- Knowledge and skill transfer
- Actively support operational and stakeholder teams to maintain business continuity and maintain high customer satisfaction
- Proactively contribute as a member of the AWS Logging & Monitoring team
- Manage/plan work and meet budget, schedules and commitments
- Assist in identifying service quality issues in Logging & Monitoring solutions and assist in the discovery and implementation of efficient solutions
- Contribute to the system health and reliability of the AWS Architecture for logging and monitoring
- Guide and develop planned implementation of logging and monitoring solutions
- Provide guidance and requirements for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for Logging and Monitoring systems
- Perform Logging & Monitoring solution and documentation reviews.
- Review/Modify Configuration Item Configuration Document (CICD) to ensure they are accurate in both execution and scope from an IaC / CaC perspective.
- Provide support in validating and verifying requirements, requirements analysis and decomposition, requirements test/verification/validation, and reporting.
- Apply System Engineering knowledge and experience to ensure that technical and operational requirements are achievable and being satisfied with the proposed technologies.
- Write other non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, Logging and Monitoring integration test plans and results.
- Develop documentation utilizing enterprise standardized templates including: Installation and Configuration Guides, white papers, design and engineering plans.
- Ensures the adherence to defined standards, policies, processes and procedures
- 4+ years of experience in AWS Cloud Architecture and Implementation
- DevOps, SRE, Software Development or an equivalent field
- A history of collaboration with development, operations, UX, design and business units within an organization.
- Hands on experience of installing & configuring Logging and Monitoring systems
- Understand purpose, goal, and verification of achievement goals
- AWS Cloud - 4+ years of experience
- Cloud Watch -
- Agent - configuration, installation and troubleshooting
- Metrics and Dashboards
- Different Log Stream Transmissions
- Lambda - Using for event notification scripting (node.js and/or perl)
- Kinesis - Using for log streaming
- Data Fortifications
- Data fail-over / recovery
- Fail-over and Load Balancing of systems and components
- AWS Documentation - research and understanding of complex concepts
- AWS Security - Network Access Control Lists and Security Groups
- Cloud Watch -
- Specifically CloudWatch to on premise Splunk and CloudWatch to cloud Splunk
- Splunk Enterprise on AWS Cloud
- Splunk Cloud (SaaS)
Advance Skills & Knowledge (nice to have):
- AppDynamics APM
- Performance Monitoring (not performance tuning)
- Terraform, Ansible, other IaC scripting
- An expert in code deployment tools (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, and Chef).
- Experience working with Jenkins, Git and Other CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills