Responsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with customers as required and, with the warehouse and transportation department, processes inbound and outbound freight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Inbound /Outbound Freight
- With the warehouse manager & supervisors, monitor inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities.
- Ensure proper paperwork has been received before processing; maintain good security habits in warehouse.
Safety: Comply with OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Ensure the accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents.
- Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Enter data into system.
- Ensure that receiving accounts match packing list and purchase orders and that shipping accounts match picking documents.
- Assist in revolving any discrepancies.
- Collect all documents for inbound and outbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit.
- Participate in cycle counts and help maintain inventory accurately.
Typical office environment, with continuous exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues and occasional outside travel by automobile and/or airplane where conditions will include smog, traffic congestion and other exposures to environmental hazards. – Overtime is required - No long distance travel required on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- The incumbent must: Hold a minimum of a (High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience.... Be able to work in WMS system.
- Possess advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, word, outlook.
- Maintain an understanding of the various business divisions within warehouse and their strategic goals.
- Possess strong project management skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
- Be able to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret text, spreadsheet, and graphical documents;
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.