Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: ServiceNow Software Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55415
Term: 9 months
- In this role you will develop on the ServiceNow platform utilizing configuration and scripting. Wells Fargo's HR organization utilizes ServiceNow's HR Service Delivery application and the Safe Workplace suite of apps.
- Lead the conceptualization, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Design, code, configure, unit test, maintain, and document software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
- Collaborates with senior engineers and architects on coding standards, processes, tooling and frameworks required for the delivery of features in the sprint or product backlog
- Ensure that solutions delivered by self or team members are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices .
- Ensure product backlog has appropriate technical stories and participates in their prioritization
- Responsible for application solution quality from design and implementation to deploy and run. Participates in definition and maintenance of software standards
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
- Maintains depth of technical understanding of third party/cloud solutions
- Evaluates technical impacts from and coordinates implementation of new product releases.
- Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Technical Product Owner and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
- Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous Integration techniques
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements relating to features to be delivered and to help the Business Analyst define requirements that can be delivered from a technical perspective
- Collaborate with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of ServiceNow experience
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- 2+ years of HR systems experience (e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Workday)
- ServiceNow certifications
- ServiceNow HR Service Delivery application experience
- 2+ years of ServiceNow experience in building, implementing and maintaining platform technologies, workflows and integrations
- Advanced oral, written and presentation communications including the ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical audiences will understand