Title: Service Desk Technician
Location: Charlotte, NC
Our client, a sustainability-focused iron maker, is seeking a Service Desk Technician.
- Take direction from the Manager – IT Operations.
- Performs tasks for Service Desk related activities (In order of Priority), Resolve tickets, Deploy and rebuild computers, Deploy new computers, IT storage room management, teach in Tech Cafés, Video Telephone Conference management (Townhall/All Hands Meeting production), Printer/Scanner support, mobile phone support, assist in educating/enforcing IT security best practices, manage/become SME for KACE, and manage/support video bulletin boards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems related to individual laptop and desktop computers in a Service Desk environment.
- Adhere to client Service Desk Policy.
- Maintain ticketing system with updates and configurations.
- Build new laptops and desktop computers in accordance with client best practices.
- Repair and/or reimage existing laptop and desktop computers in accordance with client best practices.
- Work to ensure computers and users are in compliance with internal IT Security Policies.
- Assist employees as needed in learning to use company owned software and hardware systems.
- Provide limited administration for network operations including managing user logons and email accounts.
- On and offboards teammates from an IT point of view.
- Troubleshoot, fix or repair software and peripheral issues in a Service Desk environment.
- Assist Senior Systems Engineer in maintaining a corporate software and hardware inventory.
- Research, test, and implement system improvements and upgrades such as software patches, computer BIOS upgrades, hardware components, etc.
- Provides feedback for monthly, quarterly and annual ticketing reports and improves processes from that data.
- Develop and use methods to capture reusable material on each project.
- Document processes and lessons learned for good knowledge sharing internally and externally.
- Participate in or conduct lessons learned sessions with department members during and after each project, and share this knowledge with the full department
- Conduct best practices review within the department and use to continually improve the work processes.
- Ability to present and teach users on various IT aspects.
- Exemplify client's purpose to Love and Serve others.
- Work as a “team player” with all company departments and employees in all assignments. Work toward building consensus on all assignments by finding solutions that meet the best interests of all parties involved.
- Softskills are very important:
- Willingness to learn and not stop learning
- Good customer service skills
- Stress management in a high tempo environment.
- Know how to manage time, prioritize and focus on various tickets and tasks.
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills and be able to handle a high-volume workload in a very busy IT environment.
- Must have high positive energy, patience and tactful communication with users.
- Must have hands-on experience in a technical environment maintaining laptop and desktop computer inventories along with related software in a networked infrastructure.
- Must have good verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide efficient and courteous service by email, phone, and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as needed and respond to calls during off hours.
- An articulate self-starter with the initiative to learn new systems.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide efficient and courteous service by email, phone, and in person.
- Ability to communicate and work with co-workers and managers of all levels.
- Ability to install/upgrade, test, configure, troubleshoot, and repair desktop operating systems such as Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Ability to install/upgrade, test, configure, troubleshoot, and repair desktop software packages such as Microsoft Office and other software packages.
- Experience with ticket system such as Service Now, Zendesk, KACE, etc., including managing ticket queues, assigning tickets, and working tickets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 products and administration such as creating new users, assigning licenses, etc.
- Experience creating and managing users and groups in Windows Active Directory.
- MCP, A+, ITIL 4, certification is preferred.
- Prior experience with KACE ticket system, Microsoft InTune and SCCM technology is highly preferred.
- Experience building, upgrading, and diagnosing failed components of Intel based desktop/laptop computers, and printer systems such as Dell and Surface.
- Prior experience with the following technologies is preferred: KACE ticket system, VMWare AirWatch, Cisco Umbrella, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft SCCM, PowerShell.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology or related experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years in a fast-paced, service desk role.