The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for the IT Service Desk functions, which includes the management of all incidents, problems, and service requests. The manager will supervise the IT Service Desk team and their work; plan and lead response to requests and issues; and ensure successful implementation of IT service-related projects and the deployment and support of end-user software and hardware. The ideal candidate will be a service-oriented problem solver with strong communication skills who embraces collaboration and consistently strives for improvement.
- Monitors & tracks turnaround time for all tickets, interaction with customers, the accuracy of technical assistance provided, and proper closure/escalation of calls referred to other areas. Works towards consistently achieving or exceeding SLAs.
- Assists in daily operation of the Service Desk and resolving service requests, including those requiring hands-on work with PCs, printers, mobile devices, servers and all other associated end user peripherals and software.
- Reviews Service Desk ticketing database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of incidents and problems.
- Plans, implements, and monitors the workflow process to monitor ticket urgency levels and support escalation as needed according to established cycle times for identification through to resolution.
- Works with Service Operations teams and other ancillary IT departments to establish available Service Desk training needs to enhance and improve support delivered to customers.
- Develops and refines workflows, processes, goals, and policies to continually improve the quality of customer service and technical service provided to the Service Desk customers.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Service Desk supported products and services as part of continuous improvement effort.
- Compiles data regarding established performance metrics for the work unit, analyzes relevant data, prepares summaries, makes recommendations, and implements plans to improve metrics to raise service standards.
- 8-10 years of Service Desk experience, including 3 to 5 years of increasingly responsible experience performing Service Desk/operations functions
- Desktop support experience required
- Proven supervisory experience required
- Strong communication skills both oral and written required
- ITIL Foundation Service Management or higher desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365, desktop printing, help desk ticketing, and cloud technologies
- Bachelor's Degree; or an equivalent of relevant work experience