This fast growing nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity in Coppell, TX for a Service Delivery Administrator. This position requires working in the office Monday-Friday. This role is a blend between System Administrator and IT Service Manager. Part of the role will be to serve as a backup Windows administrator taking on some of the typical functions expected. The other part of the role is vendor management of an outsourced Help Desk provider and managing SLAs and escalated events.
The Service Delivery Administrator will assist in the planning and management of new and existing systems. Vendor management experience is key as the individual will oversee the performance of managed service providers, to include the service desk.
- Assisting in the planning, implementation and management of hybrid and private cloud environments
- Defining and managing vendor SLA compliance
- Assisting in the management of virtualized infrastructures
- Supporting company-wide cyber security initiatives
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Creating and maintaining best-practice documentation
- Attending webinars and conferences, as appropriate
- Creatively solutioning problems to resolution
- Assisting in resolving elevated service requests
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or IT related degree ideal
- 5 years’ experience as a System Administrator
- Significant expertise with Linux environments a plus
- 4 years’ expertise working in a service delivery capacity
- Strong understanding of application stacks
- Certifications highly desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of operating systems and server solutions (Exchange, MS365, SQL, Terminal Services (RDS), IIS, AD)
- Exceptional knowledge of hardware technologies (i.e., iPads, mobile phones, laptops, storage arrays)
- Experience with PowerShell, Perl, or Python a plus
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and suggest solutions
- Critical thinker with stellar diagnostic skills
- Consummate team player with great time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent Communication skills, Organizational skills, and Interpersonal skills.