Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Server Service Lead
Location: Chester, VA 23836
Term: 5 months
- Functions as the business owner for delivery of server and storage computing strategies, process and programs.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for defining the server & storage services portfolio.
- Other services such as Disaster Recovery or datacenter facility oversight may be assigned.
- Participates in the IT leadership and relationship management discussion about the shape and contents of this portfolio.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Extensive knowledge and experience with server and storage services technologies, standards and practices.
- Ability to oversee the server and storage services lifecycle from strategic planning to operations and financials.
- Industry expertise required to specify business requirements for current & future services.
- Ability to perform server and storage technology and operational assessments to manage portfolio.
- Excellent technical awareness and understanding of technology and process for managing server and storage services including applications in use.
- Understands business priorities and the business criticality of the computing platforms and applications.
- Understands best practices in service management including contract and vendor management in an outsourcing or shared service environment.
- Proven ability to manage delivery of services to negotiated Service Level Agreements (internal and external)
- Skilled in oral and written communication as it pertains to interpreting technical information and business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management, customers, and vendors to resolve problems.
- Proven ability to manage projects using project management methodology, interpret complex information and provide informed analyses.
- Understanding of outsourcing contracts and the service delivery management implications.
- Experienced in creating and managing budgets and managing complex technical operational environments.
Even better if you have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Information Systems or demonstrated equivalent (education and/or equivalent work experience).
- Experience in State/Agency and a thorough understanding of VITA’s IT Infrastructure support mode.
- PMP certification.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!