Title: Senior Web Developer
Location: Charlotte/Seattle/Albany OR
Senior Web Developer
- Experience building and architecting web applications from the ground up
Nice to have
- PHP, Python, Ruby or equivalent
- Wireframe and diagnostic tools, prototyping and validation
- Full-stack web development
This position is responsible for creating, modifying, and maintaining web applications by implementing modern programming languages and tools. Our Senior Web Developer will be a leader within our software team and work in coordination across multiple departments as needed.
We are tackling hard and interesting technical challenges and creating new business opportunities for our customers, in a collaborative and fun environment. This role is for driven self-starters who are ambitious and want to be responsible for enabling our customers’ business success by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Defines site objectives by analyzing and developing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces for web applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and library alternatives.
- Develops web applications by defining software and server architecture. Writes code and scripts, defines connectivity and security protocols with cloud servers.
- Ensures application answer server architecture is developed with scalability in mind.
- Manages or assists in task planning, estimation, and scheduling
- Takes a hands-on approach for the entire development lifecycle; demonstrates ownership and accountability for work delivery.
- Designs and creates solutions with an emphasis on accuracy, usability, and performance
- Utilizes strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail (our end products are used to make decisions that impact our customers’ bottom line, so they must be accurate)
- Supports and mentors the development of web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities; and reading professional publications.
- Works in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Identifies and help select third party software that assist in delivering solutions.
- Utilizes Concept Systems Project Methodology to deliver results.
- Has strong ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with a variety of development tools and the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies, platforms, and priorities.
- Collaborates to deliver applications that delight our customers and provide improved business results.
- Assists with the refinement of standards, procedures, templates and tools for customer system and software project development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Assists and facilitates appropriate methods of project development, code reuse and helps improve/create best practices that lead to greater customer success and functional leadership in our market.
- Collaborates well with other departments to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Primary point of contact for project-related customer interactions
- Manages project schedules
- Manages project budgets
- Ensures compliance with the Concept Systems Project Methodology
- Remains current on technology trends in area(s) of focus
- Brings application ideas to the team