This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension) for a Senior UX Writer. This role will be 100% Remote. Will be part of the Product Design Team and will partner closely with Product Design, Product Management, Marketing and others on product development initiatives to create the written communication for customers within the products.
You’re the ideal candidate if you’re an excellent writer who’s also a design thinker and user champion. You understand that every word matters and love using them to tell stories in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. You’re just as happy brainstorming big-picture strategy as you are crafting compelling headlines and helpful error messages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and write content for cross-platform interfaces, including interaction flows and product messaging.
- Turn product requirements into a clear and engaging story for customers across all touch points; including micro-content, UI labels, and long-form copy. (e.g., new-user onboarding, service updates, account information).
- Present and articulate your rationale to teammates, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with design partners to influence page layout, interactions, and visual design.
- Use data and research to evaluate your work’s impact, and push for continuous improvement that shows real business results.
- Maintain and evolve UX writing standards, including tone of voice.
- Excellent highly creative communication and critical-thinking skills.
- 5+ years of professional writing experience, with at least 3 years writing for web and mobile - preferably for interactive user experiences.
- At ease managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually, and collaborating across teams.
- Have a diverse portfolio and/or work samples that illustrate your expertise, how you think, and practice your craft.