You will be responsible for a number of products that have great volumes of data, frequent changes and require summarization and categorization with drill downs and expansions. The complexity and depth of the data require creative and innovative interactions for the users to understanding what they are viewing, analyzing and impacting. This multidiscipline position requires a systems-savvy person that is equal parts: experience architect and visual designer.
You will follow a customer-centered design process, understanding real customers—their goals, aptitudes, experiences, needs, motivations, and context. In this role you will approach design in a manner that finds the harmony between customer needs and desires, business goals and objectives, and technical capabilities. You will be working closely with product managers, their teams and software developers to determine necessary features and drive the design of products. You will play a key role in translating industry experts’ insights and customer needs into great design that addresses requirements and creates elegant solutions.
• Design and deliver compelling, end-to-end customer experience solutions for multiple products and platforms, from assessing and defining customer needs to delivering concepts, to defining and elevating features, to presenting and evaluating prototypes, to addressing customer feedback.
• Create UI designs for responsive web and native mobile experiences, ensuring that design meets acceptable standards for quality and continuity with other Mr. Cooper products and digital touchpoints
• Leverage site maps, navigation maps, page flows, and other design artifacts to create sketches, conceptual designs, storyboards, usage scenarios, and prototypes.
• Work with developers and software engineers, project managers and QA—engaging throughout design/build process to ensure highest possible outcomes for products.
• Support customer insights initiatives, including focus groups, design validation, usability testing and ethnographic/observational research.
• BFA/BS/MS in Graphic Design, Human Centered Design, Interaction Design, or related field of study.
• 7+ years digital and mobile visual product design experience
• Strong visual design skills with an interesting portfolio of actual product work
• Experience creating storyboards, concepting and improving user process flows, as well as other design artifacts.
• Proficiency in Sketch is critical. Experience with Zeplin, Abstract, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Flinto, After Effects, or other visual design tools helpful
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user experience interaction across touchpoints and systems
• Ability to present your designs and solutions to various stakeholders in a compelling way
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Migrating all web pages to Gatsby, but there is currently a mix of Wordpress, Rails and Gatsby pages. However, that should not really matter for the UX/UI design. Apps are native iOS and Android.
- There is no development.
- Scope could include responsive web, iOS and/or Android App, internal desktop application, icon creation/refinement—all depending on current needs.
- Will need to be expert in Sketch.
- We use Abstract for original file storage, collaboration and version control (the team can orient people not familiar with product)
- Use Zeplin for sharing assets with product and development teams (the team can orient people not familiar with product)