Title: Gateway Senior UX Product Designer
Our Design System Studio is seeking a Senior UX Product Designer with a specific focus on Visual Design and Brand experience. This position will be responsible for applying and extending a newly established Brand to our Gateway Developer Portal, an API and SDK portal of technology solutions. Core responsibilities focus on delivering precise style guides and documentation to our Design System, for developer handoff, and working closely with UX and Dev teams.
In this role, you’ll be a part of our UX Product Design team, responsible for creating design and brand cohesion, and clear, precise style guide and asset creation. Established experience working with Design Systems, Brand Identity, component libraries, UX patterns, accessibility, and responsive standards is essential. Experience with API Developer Portals a plus.
Note: Design System, Style Guide creation, and Brand experience are essential for this role, as well as a true passion for visual design, brand, and precise documentation. Note: this is not a marketing design or a creative director position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Extend, scale, and apply an established Brand identity and high-level Style Guide to a complex product interface, that features both pre- and post-auth environments
- Adherence to the Brand strategy and standards
- Produce clean, organized Style Guide documentation, high-fidelity mocks, assets, delivering precise specs and ensuring successful, on-time delivery
- Employ best practices and standards to ensure design integrity of our product
- Foster collaborative relationships with all teams, align on product vision, processes, and methodologies, and help reinforce a positive, inclusive culture
- 7-10 years of UX experience, with online portfolio of relevant, demonstrated work
- 3-5 years of demonstrated visual design and brand experience, style guide creation, and your process for working within a mature Design System, producing crafted design solutions
- Experience with complex end-to-end experiences
- Strong skills articulating your design decision and design process, and distilling the complex
- Passion for visual and brand identity: typography, iconography, color, and illustration
- Strong organizational and work skills (Confluence project documentation, weekly status updates, remote working sessions, prepping for design reviews)
- Expert fluency in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS, Confluence and Jira.
- Strong fluency in HTML and CSS
- Deep experience designing with AAA and WCAG 2.1 compliance standards
- Familiarity with front-end mechanics and responsive design, especially responsive grid
- Experience working with large, cross-functional design and development teams, and Agile
- A sense of excitement about the scale and impact of world-class enterprise work
- Humble confidence, and grace under pressure
- Creative and intellectual curiosity, a sense of humor, and commitment to collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Arts or college-degree equivalent