Title: Senior UX Product Designer
Our in-house Design System studio is seeking a senior level Brand Lead and Product Designer to join our Design System team and Brand Experience program. This position will help deliver branded components and visual brand language for the design of our commercial banking web applications and digital products, and expand a new brand identity to core products.
Note: Design System and branding experience is essential for this role, as well as a true passion for visual design, brand, and design systems. Candidates should be strong in foundational graphic design principles. Note: this is not a marketing design, creative direction, or 3D product design position.
In this role, you’ll be an integral part of the Design System and Brand Experience teams, and responsible for contributing to the discovery and design, guidance and governance of the new Wells Fargo enterprise brand for our products. You’ll utilize your expertise, collaborating extensively with a variety of partners to bring brand definition to our digital strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Brand Stewardship, establish a deep understanding of corporate and commercial brand standards, provide design, guidance and governance for project teams
- Push creative standards as required on strategic projects, align on strategy and vision
- Help define and lead brand identity work to Design System artifacts, creating a unified, scalable, visual brand strategy based brand standards
- Produce and reconcile Style Guide documentation
- Produce precise, organized, lo-to-high-fidelity mocks, assets, prototypes, documentation, specs, ensure successful, on-time delivery
- Provide actionable art direction to product designers, to help them create application flows that unify our B2B product experiences
- Form testable, meaningful hypothesis for UXR, create testing artifacts, and use collected feedback and data to drive design solutions.
- Foster positive, inclusive, collaborative relationships, align on strategies and methodologies
- 7-10+ years of UX experience, with online portfolio of relevant work, including:
- 5-7 years of demonstrated visual design and brand experience, your process working within a mature Design System, style guide creation, and component design
- 1-2 years of design lead and art direction experience
- Strong familiarity with complex, web applications (software) experiences
- Strong skills in storytelling, holistic thinking, and ability to distill the complex
- A mindset grounded in business and creativity, and articulation of your design solutions.
- Passion for all aspects of visual and brand identity, including typography, iconography, color, illustration, visual language and messaging.
- Strong organizational skills, such as project documentation, weekly status updates, leading remote working sessions, sprint planning, and prepping and leading formal design reviews (mood boards, style tiles, presentation decks, etc.)
- Expert fluency in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS, and Confluence and Jira.
- Strong fluency in HTML and CSS
- Deep experience designing with AAA and WCAG 2.1 compliance standards
- Familiarity with front-end mechanics and responsive design, especially responsive grid.
- Experience working with large, cross-functional design and development teams, and Agile
- A sense of excitement about the scale and impact of world-class enterprise work
- Humble confidence, and grace under pressure
- Creative and intellectual curiosity, a sense of humor, and commitment to collaboration
- Be curious and inclusive of others’ ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Arts or college-degree equivalent