Are you a Data-Driven Program/Project Manager?
Multiple Needs for Strong Technical Program/Project Managers with Hadoop, Machine Learning, Visualization, etc.
Terrific 6+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for long-term extension or conversion)
Locations are Irving, TX and Jacksonville, FL (Remote).
- As a TPM, this role will also serve as a Scrum Master leading teams using Agile Methods and owning planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of sprints.
- Define and organize the program/product, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery).
- Will proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the Global Digital engineering organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered.
- Will establish collaborative and productive relationships with product management, governance, UX design, vendors and other supporting teams.
- Will operate between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery.
- Proven experience delivering advanced analytics solutions to production in the capacity of Technical Program/Project manager/Scrum Master leading engineering teams using Agile methods.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or Business Intelligence development experience.
- 3-5 years of Project/Program management experience working directly with Business Intelligence technical teams.
- Understanding of and experience delivering advanced analytics solutions using one or more common business intelligence platforms required: Teradata, Big data/Hadoop/Spark, data lakes, Machine learning using Python/Spark, Tableau, Real time streaming data using Kafka and data ingestion tools (AbInitio, Talend etc.)
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an ambiguous fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Experience planning, estimating and executing using Lean-Agile Techniques. Knowledge of Jira and confluence required.
- Prefer experience building and launching a new product or service from the ground up and/or experience with production systems.
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably computer science) or equivalent experience.
Multiple openings - feel free to share with your network. MATRIX will pay referral fees.