Are you a Technical Program/Project Manager with a background in application development? Grow your career as a Technical Program Manager as part of a Global Digital Technology team working for an innovative global bank. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential and strong chance for conversion. This is not a people management role. It is a strategic position that will contribute to the technical strategy, design choices, and decisions for a product or service.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your technical chops, while defining and driving program initiatives and using your technical knowledge to work with the engineering teams to deliver. Thinking strategically and tactically along with being innovative, an exemplary leader, an excellent communicator, influencer, and working with a premier team will help you be successful in the role. Leading and navigating cross-functional efforts should come naturally, along with having tried and true experience partnering with marketing and engineering teams to synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality simple products and features that customers’ love. You will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs. This position has exposure to senior members of the organization, where you would be preparing documentation for senior executives and align roadmaps with organizational objectives.
• Accountable for managing the lifecycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long term positive impact on the company
• Establish collaborative and productive relationships with product management, governance, UX design, vendors and other supporting teams.
• Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation. Insist on designing to the edge.
• Works closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs.
• Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery)
• Be the scrum master for your team. Own planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of your sprints. Removes blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
• Keep technical debt in check. Ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools. Recognize and act of your responsibility for driving change for the entire development community.
• Cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Understand service level agreements (SLA) and how your systems are performing in relation to them. Ensure your systems self-report breaches and understand root cause. Insist that your teams provide timely resolution of identified production defects.
• Mentor and grow your people. Create an environment of individual accountability. People grow to meet expectations. Yours should be high.
• Operate successfully in ambiguous environments.
• Communicate upward and outward
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably computer science) or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to 3-5 years of project/program management experience and working directly with software development teams (preferably with Java, Microservices, Cloud Computing, Mobile Services, CI/CD).
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
• Communication skills and experience working with technical and business management teams.
• Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
• Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
• Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
• Demonstrated past experience in defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting
• Experience delivering with an agile methodology is a must.
• Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up and/or experience with external facing production systems preferred.
Multiple positions available, share with your network. MATRIX will pay referral bonuses!