Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Senior Tax Accountant
Location: Dallas, Texas 75201
Term: 2 months (8/3/2020 to 9/11/2020)
- Research and prepare corporate business license tax returns and annual gross receipts tax apportionment schedules in accordance with jurisdictional business tax law.
- Research and prepare Unclaimed Property tax returns and perform due diligence.
- Assist with Audits and prepare workpapers.
- Perform monthly Account Reconciliations, Journal Entries and Accruals.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Must have the ability to convey financial issues to non-financial users.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Follows accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing CBRE financial interests are protected.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with the following: automated accounting and financial management systems.
- Preparing and filing Corporate Business License tax returns; submit to the appropriate Taxing Authorities.
- Prepare annual and state tax gross receipt apportionment schedules.
- Research and comprehend various jurisdictions tax laws and tax codes for compliance.
- Maintain business license compliance in all jurisdictions for various legal entities.
- Communicate with field offices and City Officials for business licensing issues.
- Assist with business license and unclaimed property compliance audits.
- Perform tax research and analysis to minimize tax liabilities and identify tax saving opportunities.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field or equivalent years' experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training including 2+ years professional level accounting experience, preferably 2+ years experience in general accounting, A/P, A/R clerical and/or entry level accountant positions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management, employees, and auditors.