Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Richardson, Texas, 75082
Term: 10+ months (5/14/2021 to 3/29/2022)
Work Schedule: Mon - Friday; 8 AM - 5 PM CST
- Provide support to help troubleshoot and optimize code to ensure our cloud applications are deploying efficiently.
- Collaborates with D&T product and project teams to understand business needs and enable them with automated solution delivery. Partners with cross-functional departments (i.e. Facilities, People, Communications, etc.) to provide, modify, integrate and manage cloud platforms.
- Partners proactively with DevOps and FinOps team to maintain proper governance and compliance, optimize cost, capacity and performance management across all clouds.
- Provides technical guidance to system engineers at the task level (i.e. approach, execution, research, analysis and deliverly of assigned work). Mentors DevOps and operational teams on developing cloud onboarding strategies, and familiarizing with Client-specific processes.
- Reviews tickets related to cloud operations and support. Works to reduce and resolve deployment incidents and technical issues. Provides expertise in identifying preventive controls and driving proactive efforts.
- Maintains appropriate controls and documentation around new and existing procedures and keeps processes up to date, tested and ready to go. Shares technical solutions and ideas with the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Strong knowledge around infrastructure as code and with tools such as Terraform and Cloudformation.
- Understanding of AWS Direct Connect, Azure ExpressRoute and general networking
- Familiarity with tools and services such as Azure DevOps (ADO), GitHub Enterprise, Terraform, Terraform Enterprise, Chef, Jenkins and AzureAD to assist team with deployment of their applications.
- Ability to understand complex configurations and code related to Identity and Access Management (IAM) as well as the ability to troubleshoot access issues and manages permissions.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!