Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Denver, Colorado
Term: 7 Months
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team!
- Coordinate update releases and other system changes, contribute to the implementation of break/fix solutions, performing unit testing, configuration management, source code control, and update documentation and configuration information related to changes as needed throughout the life cycle.
- Coordinate activities and communications with various operations, development, and business teams to efficiently resolve urgent production incidents.
- Perform regular health checks and analysis on production platforms looking for potential problems before they trigger business-impacting issues.
- Develop solutions to provide enterprise platform metrics, alarms, and monitoring tools (Dynatrace) to aid in observing and maximizing platform and business efficiency.
- Generate and track tickets for production trouble incidents, scheduled, and unscheduled change requests
- Provide leadership and direction for rapid resolution of business-impacting issues affecting production systems supporting 24x7 global operations (to include weekends and holidays).
- Maintain real time alerts, system administration, and server administration within the enterprise production software systems maintaining uptime, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to Audit findings with documented remediations within the architecture.
- Automating code checker and document changes needed using Veracode
- Must have at least 3-5 years of system engineer or software developer experience in a complex ecosystem.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of Linux Administration.
- Must be able to partner and mentor others on the design team.
- Strong experience in real time alerts, system administration, system monitoring, and server administration is highly desirable.
- Experience with software upgrades in lower environments and documenting the process for the upper environments.
- Experience with Encryption and key renewals
- Must have strong technical analysis, ability to perform operational troubleshooting by transversing multilayered systems and determining root cause analysis throughout the ecosystem.
- Ability to work in a collaborative technical and business team environment on a fast-paced dynamic product.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and management levels to coordinate escalation and resolution of major service issues.
- Ability to provide regular status reports to management and business partners on application status and other metrics regarding critical outages until resolution.
- Ability to support applications in line with business requirements, using Agile or Waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Ability to interact with infrastructure, change / release management, QA, and application teams.
- Ability to design and develop solutions to fix identified problems and reported defects.
Apply to MATRIX today!