Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Type: Contract - 8 months
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator.
- Coordinates changes, provides regular maintenance and support, improves performance of responsible systems
- Maintains and improves delivery systems availability, functionality, and performance for multiple systems;
- Provides knowledge and information for system modifications and installations;
- Applies appropriate security measures;
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations;
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system problems, replaces defective components when necessary;
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware;
- Operate consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems to coordinate computer network access and use;
- Participates in the BUILD (pre-production) process for RCB, Projects, etc.… including but not limited to:
- Coordination role with Program Manager, Architects and Technical Editors;
- Testing and validation of new technologies deployed;
- Execute the Transfer to Operate process to document RUN procedures on new deployments;
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software;
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- Participates to resolve Incident and Task management activities in the proximity and non-proximity within scope of Systems;
- Provide weekly reporting to manager for activities;
- Follows the Change Management process on major changes on systems scope;
- Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- Strong leadership qualities are needed;
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field.
- Requires 5 years of VMware, Storage and Windows Server experience.
- Prefers VMware, NetApp and EMC certifications.
- Prefers 5 years in server hardware maintenance and support.
- Data Storage Solutions knowledge and administration – Expert (NetApp, EMC – preferred)
- Server/Storage hardware familiarity – Advanced (Dell, HP, EMC, NetApp hardware – preferred)
- Windows Server Concepts and knowledge – Advanced
- VMware Administration – Advanced
- High proficiency with vSphere, vSAN, and other VMware products and platforms.
- In general, they must be adept at network engineering, with working knowledge of firewalls, servers, networks, and operating systems Citrix App and Desktop Virtualization – Advanced
- General Systems Administration – Expert
- Excellent verbal and oral communication – Advanced (English)
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations VMware VCA, VCP – preferred
- NetApp NCSA, NCDA, NCSE – preferred
- EMC Data Storage Systems Administration Specialist/Expert – preferred
- Citrix CCP-V, CCA-V – preferred