Our client is seeking a Systems Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Addison, TX!
- Performs upgrade and maintenance of Supply Chain System (SCS) applications, middleware and servers which includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating, and installing patches.
- Functions as part of the team to test, implement and enhance Applications to meet dynamic business needs. Understand configuration, change management and testing activities to support a service-oriented architecture and integration between all applications.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical problems with SCS systems to include application, integrations, process scheduler and reporting.
- Solid understanding of system configuration and security aspects such as port security, load balancing, DMZ configuration and portal setup.
- Monitors application performance and provide recommendations for enhancements/changes to maximize performance.
- Use in house developed or third-party tools and processes, assist in management of code deployments.
- Provides programming/scripting assistance to support system automation and debugging
- Will Rotate on an on-call schedule with other System Administrators.
- Work with Business Analysts and other developers to resolve software issues
Required Skills and Experience
- Five (5) years of Application Administration experience in a development and production support role.
- Installing hardware and software.
- Managing and Implementing Code Deployments.
- Evaluating system performance and making recommendations for upgrades.
- Maintaining security through updates, patches, and proper permission.
- Monitoring systems to spot potential trouble
- Problem-solving when things go wrong.
- Must be able to read scripts to analyze and troubleshoot.
- Must be able to develop scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Must have experience with Code Management Applications.
- Strong communications/interpersonal/organizational skills a must
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work within a team and mentor team members.
- Willing to learn and administrate other Applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another technical field.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Supply Chain Systems Application software including JD Edwards, AGILE PLM, WMOS or LIMS packages.
- Development Experience.
- Windows Server administration skills
- General knowledge of networking architecture and protocols
- Microsoft TFS experience
- Windows PowerShell scripting skills