Our client is looking for a Senior System Administrator to join their IT department that comes from an Managed Service Provider (MSP) environment (required) and experience using the ticketing system ConnectWise (preferable). You’ll be responsible for managing client's server and network infrastructures. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for 3 major areas of IT Service Delivery. The first area is the administration and support of servers, O365, virtual environments, storage, security and Backup Disaster Recovery (BDR) infrastructure both in-premise and cloud based solutions. The second is handling of escalations and advanced support of service requests, beyond the abilities of the higher tier Service Desk Technicians. The third is assisting the Project teams with implementation of servers, O365, storage, and BDR infrastructure projects both in-premise and cloud based solutions
To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems. Ultimately, you will ensure our software, hardware, servers and networks run smoothly.
- Configure internal systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Supervise the Operations team
- Upgrade the network infrastructure
- Install servers, devices and firewalls
- Train new system users and set up their accounts
- Monitor the performance of servers, software and hardware
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications
- Update technical documentation
- Work experience as a Senior System Administrator
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks
- Knowledge of system security techniques
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Team management abilities
- BSc in Computer Science or similar field
- Overall Customer Satisfaction in the delivery of IT Services Delivery.
- Service requests are resolved in a timely manner and within SLA.