Our client is seeking a Senior Strategic Finance Analyst for a direct-hire opportunity in the DFW area! We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Strategic Finance Analyst to join the Global Finance team of a Fortune 150 company. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, conscientious, and deeply analytical. This role offers an unique opportunity to work on strategic and financial projects with senior leadership and gain broad exposure to multiple business lines at one of the world’s largest real estate services companies.
The Senior Strategic Finance Analyst will conduct moderate to complex financial modeling and analysis to drive actionable insights and recommendations for executive management and the broader business. This role focuses on developing scenario planning tools/models (exit/maintain/grow), and analyzing trends in general business conditions drawing from internal and external datasets.
This self-driven individual will aid the organization with financial functions, such as capital allocation, P&L reviews, and corporate initiatives. The role also includes opportunities to lead special projects and other assigned initiatives.
- Analyzes trends and related data across the global real-estate industry. Identifies opportunities to develop new strategies and improve business performance.
- Develop financial models and analyze how investments, changes, and/or strategic scenarios could impact P&L and value creation.
- Evaluates a variety of financial results, corporate spend, risks/opportunities including but not limited to capital expenditures, depreciation, investment opportunities, return on invested capital, etc.
- Completes analyses of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Conducts special data-driven studies as assigned to support senior management. Develops clear and compelling presentations with insights and results.
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operational procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- May lead project teams and/or plan staff assignments.
- Duties may encompass technical guidance and/or training of co-workers as well as policy development and participation in special initiatives such as modeling, system implementations or acquisition integrations.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field plus a minimum of four years experience.
- Prior experience in investment banking, corporate finance, management consulting, strategy consulting, and M&A.
- Experience performing valuation analysis of existing business and potential strategic transactions. Including developing valuation analysis and models (DCF, company comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.).
- Advanced experience working with large volumes of data, including performing data extraction, modeling, and data visualization. Ability to manage large data sets and present findings in a clear and methodical manner.
- Advanced financial modeling, research, and financial analysis skills. Including building complex financial models and P&Ls from scratch. Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience in ability to create and present a story based on relevant data and insights. Advanced PowerPoint skills and ability to create visually impactful slides for executive presentations.
- Experience working under demanding deadlines and producing key senior-executive deliverables.
- Strong communication skills to engage with senior executives.
- Excellent analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills, coupled with attention to detail.
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills with high attention to detail. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to internal customers. Effective presentation skills and synthesis of complex information sets into digestible and actionable insights.
- Requires strong knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles and the ability to comprehend and interpret complex financial transactions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. Must be a creative thinker and have a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, VBA, and PowerPoint. Ability to use query and report generation tools including self-service/web-based applications such as Bloomberg, Factset, HFM Consolidation, PeopleSoft Financials and Cognos Planning is preferable. Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful. Strong work ethic and adaptable.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.