Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Specialty Software Engineer
Location: New York, NY; Charlotte, NC
Term: 11 months
- Onboarding (e.g. client requirements ingestion, network set-up, FIX session set-up) - 20%
- Certification (e.g. validation of attributes such as routing, product, session, etc.) – 20%
- Development – 20%
- Support – 30%
- Admin – 10%
- Lead or participate in complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Assure quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications.
- Serve as a technical resource in finding software solutions. Review and evaluate user needs and determine requirements.
- Provide technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Create test data and conduct interfaces and unit tests.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Understand and participate to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes and recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Assist other individuals in advanced software development. Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- In depth understanding of FIX Protocol and FIX Engines as a whole (all versions) with at least 5 years’ experience
- 7+ years FIX protocol versions 4.2 or higher experience
- 5+ years Middleware DevOps experience
- 3+ years network principles experience
- 5+ years scripting experience
- 3+ years in SQL preferably Oracle experience
- 5+ years Platform management experience in various trading software (Bloomberg, EZE, CQG, TT, Fidessa, Charles River etc)
- 4+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Trading Instruments, and Trading principles
- Experience in the software development lifecycle and agile methodology
- Solid experience in the trade-life cycle from front to back office
- Prior experience working in a fast pace, high demand environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work without supervision, lead certain initiatives within a project, prioritize and escalate when required