Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Senior Space Planner
Location: Los Angeles, California,
Hourly Rate: $ 31.37/hr.
Term: 6 months
- Analyzes space requirements and provides conceptual space plans and recommendations to real estate team(s) and/or stake holders; demonstrates responsiveness to service requests, innovation and creativity in delivering facility services.
- Prepares block or stack plan(s); charter(s) and move lists.
- Produces drawings and presentations for internal stakeholder(s) and client facing steering committee meetings (Workplace Managers, Business Unit Directors, Leadership, etc.) for review and feedback; involves project management staff as appropriate for move and construction services.
- Conducts analysis and review of work area(s) affected by move planning to ensure that current location(s) and office availability at destination location(s) is reflected accurately.
- Collaborates with other team members to gain business intelligence.
- Responsible for occupancy data within the system of record.
- May be required to manage space walks for validation and update of occupancy metrics.
- Partners with other departments on move and relocation sequencing and execution.
- Liaise with Change Management teams as needed.
- Develops scenario space planning tools/models (exit/maintain/grow).
- Prepares forecasts and analyzes space planning trends in general business conditions.
- Engages with client(s) on programming data, program/load neighborhood tool(s), develop neighborhood(s), adjacency diagram(s), stack plan(s), etc.
- Partners with Architectural Vendors and Project Management to investigates code requirements and city or county permits when moving or reconfiguring office space.
- Makes recommendations to Management on necessary space planning code changes and/or requirements and updates.
- Attends client meetings; drafts meeting minutes and obtains approvals to proceed when required.
- Conducts interviews and discussions with client(s) to gather, coordinate and synthesize project requirements, functional, operational and cultural issues.
- Facilitates post-occupancy support and reviews to ensure deliverables were executed and client’s expectations were met.
- Evaluates outcomes and implements procedures for improvement.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements by and among the clients and/or companies.
- Transitions project(s) to the Sustaining Management Team and team as needed
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for key systems/processes in subject teams and day-to-day functions.
- May mentor and train team as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum five years experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AutoCAD drawing experience is preferred.
- CAFM software experience is preferred.
- Professional Registration in Architecture or Interior Design preferred.
- Certification in Corporate Real Estate, LEED or Facilities Management preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.