Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Type: 12-month contract
Rate: $78+/hourly, DOE
The Sr Software Engineer performs application build and configuration management functions or work directly with Software Development Engineers by writing technical specification documents for development, perform testing, and/or perform configuration management for the implementation, enhance or upgrades solutions on premise or in a cloud-hosted environment.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, configures, tests, implements, and maintains solutions and may lead others on the team through the effort.
- Responsible for delivering project assignments of high complexity which includes application design, and configuration.
- Interacts with the customer user community in a courteous and professional manner to secure business requirements; perform technical requirements translation to meet business objectives.
- Participates or may lead the Product Release management functions which may include developing test plans, perform test plans, facilitating with end-user for end-user acceptance testing, and may develop application validation scripts for the ongoing operations team.
- May be responsible for taking on-call on a regular basis
- Interacts with business teams to develop application requirements and installation plans.
- Participates or May lead efforts to ensure application standards, policies, and procedures exist.
- Participates or May lead transition to operations functions to Technical Analysts resources for successful ongoing operational support.
- Participate or may lead in peer reviews of a single facility or application-focused configuration work to ensure it aligns with the business and technical requirements.
- Participates or may lead in application management activities for a single functional area to achieve project objectives.
- Participates or may lead in product lifecycle management, end-user enhancement requests of high complexity, and technical aspects of the modules/applications that are assigned.
- Provides administrative, application configuration, performs unit and integration testing for highly complex projects) or functional areas of larger projects or programs.
- Researches and recommends appropriate application management best practices, and tools.
- Responds to end-user problems and develops/maintains strong, positive working relationships with the end-user community.
- Assists in documenting business and system processes and procedures through the use of industry-standard process flow and flowcharting techniques.
- Participates in developing training materials and training users on system functionality.
- Participates in Application feasibility and selection processes.
- Participates or may lead in designing system specifications, standards, and configuration.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, solution configuration, and design.
- Protects the organization by keeping information confidential and safe.
- May be pulled into highly complex high severity issue management in rare situations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSRequired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a Healthcare environment.
- 10+ years experience working in IT as an Application Systems Analyst or Technical analyst type role.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Training
- Excellent writing/documentation and communication skills
- Fast learner, quality consciousness, and committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of troubleshooting hardware and software Experience working with project life cycle or project management methodologies required.
- 6 or more years experience in application support, implementation, or development experience with applications in a hospital or medical-related industry is required.
- Expert level understanding and comfort leading business and technology partners through a structured deployment and/or implementation life cycle and support model. This includes technical requirement gather, specification development, and creation of design and system test plans.
- Advanced understanding of technology projects and concepts as they relate to high-level business objectives and the ability to present those concepts to both IT And non-IT Audiences in a concise and easily understandable manner is required.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills capable of communicating at executive levels within the organization are required. This includes the ability to present highly technical concepts, solutions, and issues in a manner business leaders can leverage to support their business vision.
- Exceptional presentation, technical writing, and documentation skills are required.
- Capacity to leverage strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills to recommend solutions.
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis, and root cause analysis is required.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to manage up, down, and across levels of the organization are required. The ability to work independently and in a complex, matrixed and virtual team environment is required.
- Operational understanding and ability to work in a complex and matrix oriented team environment
- The ability to handle multiple moderate to complex projects, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines is required.
- Strong command of key productivity applications: Google Workspace, Microsoft Visio,
- Operational knowledge of interfaces/EDI, APIs, and evolving technology is desired.
- The ability to lead discussions with application and project team(s) to define testing scenarios and scripts in alignment with customer and system requirements is a desired skill.