Senior Software Engineer, Epic
Contract to Hire
Target Remote Location(s): Redwood City, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Madison, WI
The Senior Software Engineer I will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting a highly visible / highly valued applications in the fast-paced business unit. This individual will also contribute to the development of best practices and standards, and support product launches in all phases of software development.
This role will help enhance order management and revenue management applications using the EPIC platform. The ideal candidate will also work in Java and other latest technologies that will support our business processes.
- Design, develop, and deploy software applications.
- Contribute to developing software engineering standards, practices, and reusable components.
- Participate in all phases of application development, including requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, and support.
- Create and deliver technical presentations.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA) teams and business partners to create and execute system test plans and user acceptance testing.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Passion for researching new or emerging trends and technologies in the web application development space.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City locations.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with senior-level design capabilities using modern technologies.
- 5+ years of experience developing software applications.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of designing and developing apps that access and or utilize cloud-based frameworks (e.g., Azure, Amazon AWS Services/SDKs, etc.).
- Demonstrated working knowledge in RESTful web services, Relational Databases (Postgres, SQL Server), and ORM technologies (Hibernate, Entities Framework).
- Experience with cloud development on AWS.
- Experience with HL7, FHIR development.
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- 2+ years of working experience in EPIC platform.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of migrating applications into EPIC system.
- Knowledge on Micro Services, Docker, Containerization, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other cloud technologies.