Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: SQL Server Developer/Talend ETL Developer
Location: Summit, NJ; Dallas, TX; Charlotte, NC
Term: 11 months
- 90% heads down development
- Will be doing development and validation
- Will be utilized as a developer and a technical automation tester
- Will complete development work for critical risk projects
- Will work in an Agile Environment
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 5+ years of experience with end-to-end design and delivery of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) applications
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL relational database queries, stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 1+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) development experience using Talend
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Python, Ruby, PowerShell, and Shell scripting
- 2+ years of Ab Initio experience
- 2+ years of Informatica experience
- Knowledge and understanding of source code version control systems, configuration management techniques and procedures
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of Autosys experience
- Ability to identify business needs and deliver solutions in close partnership with line of business and technology
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Knowledge and understanding of database modeling techniques and theory
- Experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities.
- 5+ years of hands on ETL development (data transformations and data movement) using tools like SSIS, DataStage, Informatica or Abinitio.
- Experience working in complex batch processing environment.