We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity!
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Term: 12 months
- Constructs, tests, and implements portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Participates in standard business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.
- Uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and/or technical problems.
- Applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, knowledge engineering, industry expertise, or legacy evolution.
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment and technical context.
- Validates scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Leads the design, development, implementation, and support of information technology solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies.
- Defines project scope, plans, and deliverables, including proposed implementation dates.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new technologies, standard processes, tools, and techniques.
- Assists in defining alternate solutions for the business problem.
Is this a fit:
- The ideal candidate for this role should possess a passion for technology and a desire to create exceptional customer (internal as well as external) experiences.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Software Development experience in Java.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases and web service development standards and practices, including RESTful APIs, microservices, and SOA services.
- Expert in Functional Programming approaches, preferably in Java.
- Experience working with containers, and managed container orchestrators (Kubernetes/OpenShift) in the cloud (For example AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service, Azure Kubernetes Service, Red Hat OpenShift).
- Experience with microservices management like istio.
- Knowledge of Authentication and Authorization protocols like oAuth2.0 and openID Connect etc.
- Cloud-native development in the Spring/Spring Boot ecosystem and strong working knowledge of developing and deploying applications in major cloud providers (AWS or Azure).
- Experience in cloud managed services and DB (RDS, NoSQL/DynamoDB, serverless, etc.).
- DevSecOps and/or automation experience in code testing, building, and deployment using tools like VeraCode, SonarQube, Tekton (preferred) or Jenkins, GitHub and/or GitLab.
- Have implemented code coverage, code complexity, code quality.
- Considering Observability, Monitoring, Logging, and Tracing as part of development leveraging managed services like AWS cloud watch, jaegar, kiali and Dynatrace etc.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, exposure to Behavior Driven Development.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience working in an agile development environment using workload management tools like VersionOne.
- Experience with system integrations, optimizing performance and data integrity.
If this sounds like you, please apply to MATRIX today!