Job Description: The ideal candidate will have a solid computer science background and good experience with Go programming and Python in a Linux environment. The primary focus will be on real-time automated analytics on massive amounts of data in a small team inside the Chief Data Office (CDO). The team processes huge amounts of data in near real time where speed and accuracy are key.
· Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs unit testing and debugging of applications.
· Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
· Attends daily stand up meetings to stay in touch with what everyone is working on and share progress notes.
· Use software development best practices to write code that is maintainable, testable and efficient
· Translates requirements into detailed design specifications.
· Build the content cataloging system for the project
· Write code in Go, and potentially C.
· Track, organize, and accurately document changes made to programming code.
· Support and troubleshoot issues, identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable solutions
· 10+ Years’ experience in a software development role
· 7+ years of proven project experience coding with Go and Python in a Linux environment
· 2+ years of proven project experience with the following items: architecting, designing, implementing, and deploying complex distributed purpose-built systems, production system engineering and configuration management
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Working knowledge of mobile devices using APIs, OS, embedded software, SQL (querying and working with major SQL DBs — e.g. Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, ..), a solid Understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals and experience with basic network configuration, shell and basic system administration
· Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (being able to get data from Hadoop environment and do basic analytics)
· Experience using virtualization at scale: OpenStack, versh
Education: Bachelor of Science Required, Master’s degree preferred
Working for MATRIX Telecom Professional Services
For over 10 years, our Telecom Professional Services Group has worked deeply aligned with tier 1 carriers, services and solutions providers in the industry to delivery best of bread IT staffing and leading edge services offerings across the industry.
When you work for MATRIX, you get top-notch consultant care, competitive healthcare benefits, 401(k) options, excellent training, and a readily available support team. Our long client list ranges from startup to Fortune 50 companies with every type of working environment you might be looking for. Since 1983, we have matched thousands of professionals with jobs to advance their careers. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year.