Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Hourly Rate: $66.90/hr
Term: 5 months
- Under broad direction and supervision, develops, maintains, and enhances client systems as well as designs and develops new features.
- Develops, maintains, enhances, and tests client systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Serves as the primary technical point of contact on client engagements of moderate to high complexity and of high value to the organization.
- Involved with the investigation and resolution of complex data, system, and software issues in the production environment.
- Under broad direction, designs and implements strategic partner integrations.
- Participates in the specification and design of new features at client or business request.
- Participates in the evaluation of new platforms, tools, and technologies.
- Develops and maintains internal tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Is it a good fit? (Requirements)
- At least 1 year of experience with HTML5/CSS3
- At least 1 year of experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Experience with Angular Material, Bootstrap, or any other UI library
- Expert understanding browser execution models and debugging
- At least 1 year of experience with Reactive Programming/RxJS
- Experience understanding and integrating RESTful APIs in web applications
- Experience in Object Oriented Design/Development (OOD), Model View Control (MVC) Design Pattern, Model Pattern, Test Driven Development (TDD), Observer Design Pattern, Singleton Design Pattern, Module Design Pattern.
- Previous software development experience in a large, complex, web-based environment
- Experience with Git/Azure DevOps and Jenkins
- Experience developing e2e test cases with Protractor or Cypress
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in backend development with Python/Django, or Golang is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field such as information systems, mathematics, or computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
- Typically has 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Database-backed Java web development experience is required; strong preference for substantial jQuery experience.
- Experience with web mapping tools and spatial databases is a big plus.