Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Richardson, Texas,75082
Term: 8 months (5/3/2021 to 12/31/2021)
- Responsible for initial system design and development of new software or extensive software enhancements. Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms. Serves as liaison between business and technology to develop technical strategies and roadmaps. Creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms. Assists with designing and tuning systems for scalability, performance, and high availability. Works with development teams and offshore teams to establish methodologies and standard development practices. Mentors other team members in new tools and technologies.
- Assists with documenting development requirements for database, applications, and operating system environment. Considered the expert in all aspects of designing and application development for a particular application. May provide consultation or input on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist for a particular application or technology. May guide a team of resources through the project to completion. Performs code and quality reviews and/or input/advice to other developers regarding their deliverables. Provides input into long-term roadmaps or initiatives and designs. Performs other duties as assigned.
- May have formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project team. Leads project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees. May have responsibility for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating a work unit and/or group. May have responsibility for assessing the quality of others' work products.
- Contribute software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field such as information systems, mathematics, or computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
- Typically has 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Database-backed Java web development experience is required; strong preference for substantial jQuery experience.
- Experience with web mapping tools and spatial databases is a big plus.
- Under broad direction and supervision, develops, maintains, and enhances client systems as well as designs and develops new features.
- Develops, maintains, enhances, and tests client systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Serves as the primary technical point of contact on client engagements of moderate to high complexity and of high value to the organization.
- Involved with the investigation and resolution of complex data, system, and software issues in the production environment.
- Under broad direction, designs and implements strategic partner integrations.
- Participates in the specification and design of new features at client or business request.
- Participates in the evaluation of new platforms, tools, and technologies.
- Develops and maintains internal tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.