Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Richardson, Texas,
Term: 8 months
- Under general supervision, plans, analyzes, develops, maintains, and enhances client systems as well as and supports a systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Delivering a complete backend applications built on C, C++, Go Lang, Beego, NodeJS Working experience on Django (Python Framework) is a plus.
- Building back-end services RESTful API, Web Services, SOAP/XML, SAML.
- Participates in the design, specification, implementation, and maintenance of systems.
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents software programs of moderate complexity as per the requirement specifications.
- Participates in design reviews and technical briefings for specific applications.
- Assists in preparation of requirement specifications, laying out of screens, reports, and forms including documenting and revising user procedures and/or manuals.
- Involved with resolution of Medium to severe complexity software development issues that may arise in a production environment.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6 + years of broad experience in the information technology to include business architecture, information architecture & strategy, IT strategic planning in a large global corporation.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a C/C++/Java programmer with object-oriented analysis, design, and implementation expertise.
- At least 3 years in an architectural or design capacity for 'large scale' enterprise systems.
- 2-3 years' of solid experience with GoLang and Beego framework.
- 2+ years of working experience with Databases and writing complex SQL queries.
- 2-4 years of hands on Experience with Linux operating systems; experience in migrating to Cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- 2+ Years of Experience with Micro services Architecture and Docker Containers Experience with integration development using REST APIs and message. queuing / integration platforms such as Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server or Jenkins Experience with Agile software development processes and the development life cycle Knowledge of DevOps and Agile methodologies.
- Highly self-motivated with desire to learn and adapt Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Some experience with cloud IaaS and PaaS platforms (one or more of the following: Azure, AWS, Rackspace, CloudFoundry, OpenStack)
- Some experience with testing automation tools (unit, integration and acceptance tests), creating CICD pipelines and DevOps. Some experience designing and implementing container based highly resilient cloud native applications
- Ability to complete tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to effectively present information. Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Ability to research, comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents accurately. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Ability to Estimate time against defined programming tasks.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work or equivalent work experience.
- Requires technical knowledge, training and understanding of the job's requirements.