Position: Senior Software Developer
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 months
Our client, a regional utility power management company is seeking Senior Software Developers who will be responsible for building applications using modern technologies and maintaining/migrating legacy code. This position will also be accountable for testing and deploying applications following industry best practices and procedures.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, engineering, testing, refactoring, documenting and deploying
- Lead departmental and interdepartmental project teams and work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Modernize legacy applications to utilize current technology
- Apply system enhancements and modifications to improve performance efficiency
- Provide technical and user support for clients using information and application resources
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews
- Remain abreast of and research industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards
- Ensure application adherence to security standards
- Communicate development status, issues, and concerns to leadership
- Develop and improve upon existing standards and procedures for enterprise-wide data collection/retention/extraction
- Design and document logical and physical database models to cater to a variety of business requirements
- Design and develop data structures, complex ETL packages, stored procedures, jobs, etc.
- Mentor and guide junior staff
Work Experience and Skills:
- Eight years of demonstrated work experience with a minimum of three years in full-stack development.
- Demonstrable experience using Visual Studio 2017+, TFS, Git, Azure, and MS SQL Server (or comparable RDBMS).
- 5 years’ experience working with .NET and .NET Core, including C#, LINQ, Entity Framework, Dependency Injection, WebAPI.
- 3-5 years’ experience using Angular, React, or VueJS
- 3 years’ experience using SQL Server, or similar relational database system
- Demonstrated expertise using Azure DevOps (TFS), particularly with Repos and Pipelines
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn VB.Net for supporting legacy code
- Experience with a variety of architectural and design patterns including, including DDD, Microservices, Event-driven, and publish-subscribe
- Experience designing, developing, testing and supporting software in data-driven environments
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Experience in the public utility industry or energy sector is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Expert understanding of relational database structures
- Strong understanding of API-driven technology
- Comfortable building and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical stakeholders
- Basic understanding of IT operating procedures
- Understanding of security and compliance best-practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent experience.