For this role, we are looking for an experienced IT professional that has done administration of Atlassian applications such as Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket, Bamboo, Crucible, and FishEye. We are looking for someone that has had and enjoys being a Lead - someone that can work with offshore team members and direct and mentor and lead others.
You will be engaged in all phases of the software support and software development lifecycle. The primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, you will participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs.
Our Atlassian tool suite is accessed by over 3000+ users in the company, including software development management, project ingestion, budgeting and financial planning, and continuous integration and continuous development pipelines.
Your main responsibilities would be to:
- Perform software tool administration by installing Atlassian tool suite data center, environment management and support: Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket, Bamboo, Crucible, and FishEye.
- Design and develop workflows; build custom applications; develop mechanisms to automate manual processes; platform upgrades; migration to target state platform.
- Lead and direct others as well as mentor less experienced IT professionals
- Research technical issues using vendor support procedures, web sites, and other troubleshooting methods.
- Provide appropriate IT associates with technical training, support and secondary documentation for Jira applications.
- Oversee migration from other software packages to Atlassian tools such as TFS to Jira and Bit Bucket, TFS or Jenkins migration to Bamboo, and others.
We are looking for an Atlassian Administrator with the following experience:
- 2 - 3 years of experience with Atlassian Jira, Confluence, and others … including tool administration and customization as well as LEAD experience
- 2 years’ or more experience supporting production systems
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux administration
- Experience in using/extending REST/API Services and Java scripts.
- Understanding of various add-ons in Jira.
- Experience creating Jira templates, custom issues and workflows, custom forms and attributes.
- Experience with Atlassian Suite interactivity
- Experience in building dashboards and reports.
- Experience with shell scripting and Linux operating system.
- Exposure to building deployment scripts in Azure.
- Self-directed and able to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work early, late, or weekends as needed
This role will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills as experience leading other team members. For this role you can live anywhere so 100% work from home! This is a 6 month contract to start but we are looking for someone that would consider contract to hire. If this is a good match for your Atlassian skills and experience, please apply so we can reach out to you to discuss this in more detail.