Large global Fortune 500 company is hiring a Senior Scrum Master for a long-term 1 year+ contract with potential to convert to FTE. This role is 100% remote.
As a Senior Scrum Master, you will work on the Agile transformation team and be responsible for leading mid-size team(s) of Developers, Testers, BA and Technical lead. Will provide an oversight in the key areas of upholding and facilitating Scrum principles, sprint and release planning, deployment planning, communication and reporting, and agile process improvements and standards. Will work with the organization to help with Agile scaling initiatives. Additional duties will include:
- Manage multiple Agile and/or Hybrid projects under a single Business Portfolio. Facilitating and supporting the team in meeting their Sprint and Release goals towards Product Delivery. Strongly serving the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers. Ensure all entry criteria for UAT and production are met. Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Educate team and supporting members on Scrum Framework and mindset. Guiding the team on self organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Conduct and facilitate all Scrum Ceremonies (daily standups sprint planning, grooming sessions, product reviews, sprint retrospectives and other essential scrum events).
- Provide recommendations to scrum team on how to increase effectiveness and efficiency with a keen eye on process improvement opportunities.
- Create all required artifacts required by the company's agile methodology. Generate sprint health reports and other dashboards as it pertains to the product. Maintains communication with relevant Business representative (Product Owner) and Functional representatives in regards to statuses, risks and concerns impacting the sprint delivery.
- Owns and maintains the approved ALM tool as it pertains to the team’s sprint and release and helps the team to maintain their own updates and deliverables. Track and approve hours worked by team members in PPM tool.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES AND ABILITIES
- Servant Leader – Must be able to earn respect from his/her team and be willing to get hands-on as needed to get the job done
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and showcase value-add principles to the team
- Team Coach – Coaches the team on the agile process
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum principles and concepts are adhered to, must be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
- Communicative and Social – Must be able to communicate well with teams and fellow Scrum Masters
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice the differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Continual Improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and team
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science /Related Areas
- Four (4) years or more Scrum Master experience required
- Three (3) years or more Product Owner experience preferred