Position: Senior Scrum Master
Location: 100% Remote
Term: 12 Months
The Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager is the team role responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. The primary responsibilities are to serve the team in turning requirements into the working software, track progress and help the team achieve their commitments and goals. Scrum Masters facilitate scrum events, supporting the team in following the Scrum framework. The Scrum Master may also handle some traditional project management duties including scope definition, resource balancing, communication of status to executives, clients and partners, budget oversight and risk/issue management.
* Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
* Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
* Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
* Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
* Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
* Resolves team impediments and limits the external interference the team must deal with.
* Ensure transparency and collaboration across the team and other teams working and works with other Scrum Masters across the organization to facilitate scrum of scrum events
* Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
* Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
* Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
* Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
* Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team.
* Track and monitor progress daily and help the team achieve their commitments and when problems are identified work with team to develop corrective actions.
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
* Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
* Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog and road mapping
* Collaborate with the team in scheduling work, including defect remediation and refactoring, guarding against the accumulation of technical debt.
* Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, resourcing, and financials. Including tracking budget and product metrics
Scrum Master Qualifications / Skills:
* Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
* Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
* Exceptional people skills. Comfortable working with a diverse group of people and serve as arbitrator when conflicts arise.
* Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, coaching, collaboration, and increasing transparency
* Knowledge of multiple agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc), and understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
* Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
* Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
* Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least four years for a Scrum team.
* The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools, such as Jira, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all MS Office Tools
* Understanding of financial controls needed in project management and consulting work, experience with budget tracking
* In depth understanding of how to scope and estimate work.
* Understanding of Agile and product metrics
* Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
Education, and Certification Requirements:
* Bachelors degree and 4 years of product/project development experience on an Agile Team
* Must have first level Scrum Master certification (CSM ) (PSM), PMI-ACP , PMI-PMP
Preferred Certification Requirements (Any of these is a plus):
* Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (A-CSM, PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
* CSPO or equivalent
* Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Function: IT Project / Program Management
- Job Ref: 217658
Position: Senior Scrum Master
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.