Manager Notes (6/24): FRB’s Information Services (Infrastructure) organization is looking for a Senior Release Manager to be responsible for administering end-to-end release processes, including planning, managing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring changes to the bank’s computing systems.
This will be a Hybrid Remote role, but the candidates MUST be currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area and willing and able to work onsite 2-3 days per week.
Contract to Hire – candidates must be able/willing to convert to FTE status at approximately 6 months. No visa restrictions, transfers, etc.
Target Contract Pay Rate (W2): $85.00/per hour.
Max Contract Bill Rate: $135.00/per hour.
Contract Duration: Contract to Hire (6 Months approx..).
Senior Release Manager
San Francisco, CA (Bay Area) – Hybrid Remote
Target Start Date: July 2022
We are looking for a Senior Release Manager who will be responsible for administering end-to-end release processes, including planning, managing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring changes to our financial services client’s computing systems.
The Senior Release Manager is a new role for this organization and will be responsible for all releases associated to the new enterprise platform and will coordinates the Disaster Recovery events with internal departments and outside vendors (i.e., FIS).
- Provide Release Management support for application, operational, infrastructure and configuration deployments.
- Responsible for administering end-to-end release processes, including planning, managing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring changes to our financial services client’s computing systems.
- Create and manage change tickets, run books, rollout plans and perform collision/impact analysis for releases.
- Uphold IT compliance with change management processes and policies.
- Coordinate, plan and communicate with varying audiences.
- Manage multiple planned releases and unplanned hotfixes each week.
- Extensive (7 + years) of Release Management experience, preferably in an enterprise FinTech development environment
- Hands on experience with ServiceNow, SNOW, TFS, Jira, Confluence, and New Relic (preferred).
- Experience defining KPI’s for Metric Development.
- Experience with Dashboard Development (i.e., Tableau).
- Experience with Oversight and Reporting.
- Working knowledge of Network Infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of change, risk and problem management processes.
- Ability to multi-task and keep multiple threads in progress simultaneously.
- Outstanding communication skills to accurately deliver information to technical and non-technical staff, as well as C-level leaders.
- Flexibility to quickly change priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A knack for remaining calm under pressure, maintaining a disciplined approach to communication and decision-making even in urgent situations.