Job Title: Senior QA Tester (EPC)
Location: 200 S Laurel Ave Middletown, NJ 07748
US Citizen or GC Preferred
Job description: The Senior Evolved Packet Core Tester will be a technical resource with a strong background in computer science assisting in the quality assurance and testing of innovative software solutions that support critical business objectives. Specifically, the candidate will directly contribute to construction and deployment of high-quality software systems in the context of extremely large databases and high-volume data streaming and analytics. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work either independently or on a team as circumstances require. The consultant will support systems, within the Chief Data Office (CDO) group, that provide real-time analytics of billions of records per day combined with large database forensic analysis in support of Network management – analytics for real-time network status and data analysis for planning and troubleshooting
- Interact with business users, developers and other project stakeholders to understand and clarify business and system requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain manual and automated quality assurance testing methodologies and systems to ensure the accuracy and stability of software applications.
- Prepare test strategies and plans based on documented requirements and interviews with Project Management and Development teams.
- Execute manual and automated tests.
- Communicate application errors in a clear and concise manner using the internal defect tracking system.
- Analyze results, draw conclusions from test results, and make recommendations.
- Ensure that no defective products are moved to production.
- Keep Project Management informed of progress and issues.
- Recommend and implement methodologies and software for automated testing and defect tracking.
- 8+ years of experience in automation as well as manual testing with focus on Quality Assurance (QA)
- 5+ year of proven project experience working on network protocol testing, especially in Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and IMS.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux environments as well as Python, SQL and shell scripting
- Strong experience and knowledge of 3GPP protocols/specifications
- Strong experience in using Wireshark for the packet capture (TCP, UDP, UTP, SIP, etc)
- Must possess strong analytical skills, to identify critical business areas early in an application and prioritize test cases accordingly.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, quick learner, team player.
- Experience with traffic generators (IXLoad, BreakingPoint etc..).
Education: BS in Computer Science, Master’s degree preferred