Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Tester
Location: 200 S Laurel Ave Middletown, NJ 07748
US Citizen Preferred
Job description: The Senior Quality Assurance Tester will be a technical resource with a strong background in computer science assisting in the quality assurance and testing of innovative software solutions that support critical business objectives. Specifically, the candidate will directly contribute to construction and deployment of high-quality software systems in the context of extremely large databases and high-volume data streaming and analytics. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work either independently or on a team as circumstances require. The consultant will support systems, within the Chief Data Office (CDO) group, that provide real-time analytics of billions of records per day combined with large database forensic analysis in support of Network management – analytics for real-time network status and data analysis for planning and troubleshooting
- Interact with business users, developers and other project stakeholders to understand and clarify business and system requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain manual and automated quality assurance testing methodologies and systems to ensure the accuracy and stability of software applications.
- Prepare test strategies and plans based on documented requirements and interviews with Project Management and Development teams.
- Execute manual and automated tests.
- Communicate application errors in a clear and concise manner using the internal defect tracking system.
- Analyze results, draw conclusions from test results, and make recommendations.
- Ensure that no defective products are moved to production.
- Keep Project Management informed of progress and issues.
- Recommend and implement methodologies and software for automated testing and defect tracking.
- 7+ years of experience in automation as well as manual testing with focus on Quality Assurance (QA)
- 5+ year of proven project experience working on data-driven, API testing and testing of Client/Server Applications
- 3+ years of experience using some automation tools – for example, Jenkins
- Proven project experience working with and interpreting complex wireless network data and working with wireless protocols and 3GPP core (EPC) specs (TCP, UDP, GTP, SIP, etc.)
- Project level experience with Linux environments as well as Python, SQL and shell scripting
- Must possess strong analytical skills, to identify critical business areas early in an application and prioritize test cases accordingly.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, quick learner, team player.
- Understanding and experience with Big Data tools and concepts (HADOOP, SPARK, HIVE, SCALA, etc..)
- C programing experience is a plus
- Exposure to Machine Learning and AI
- Experience with traffic generators (IXLoad, BreakingPoint etc..) and Wireshark or any other packet analyzer/capture tools
Education: BS in Computer Science, Master’s degree preferred