Title: Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Bay Are or NYC
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst acts as a liaison between product team and data engineering teams involved in planning, conducting, and execution of test strategies, scenarios and cases in the build and delivery of Transactions Data Store (TDS). The Analyst supports multiple business units on building and improving the data infrastructure around loans and deposits transactional data. The individual builds automated test scripts to support integration and regression testing of batch, real-time and API’s that ensure business teams receives the right data sets for 3rd party applications, vendor systems, analytics, internal and external reporting.
- Design and develop unit, functional, integration, regression, and performance tests using industry standard tools
- Design end to end test scenarios to ensure high quality data to support reporting, analytics, 3rd party vendor applications and downstream systems use cases
- Development and execution of test plans and test cases to support batch, near-real time and real time data ingesting, transformation and downstream users and applications consumption
- Responsible for testing dimensional data on Snowflake database platform, events data on Kafka platform and REST API’s.
- Identifying areas for automation and writing automated tests to ensure repeatability, coverage, and reliability and catching regressions.
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and participate in design and specification reviews
- Own features through inception, iterative development feedback, implementation and launch
- Support defect/issue resolution and retesting based on change control.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
- 5 to 10 years of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Proven Experience in Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for functional and non-functional testing
- Tracking defect management process and prioritizing bugs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities. Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience in automated testing of data warehouses/data marts and reporting repositories
- Experience with black box and white box testing with understanding of/experience with SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches
- Familiarity with bug reporting systems like Jira
- Experience with automation scripts using tools like Selenium and Cucumber.
- Extensive experience working with SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake Databases.
- Good understanding of web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, JSON and REST APIs
- Good understanding of modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular
- Experience with GitLab and continuous integration build system such as Jenkins